Dr Himanta Biswa Sharma, the powerful minister of Assam Govt said that he does not want to be MLA with the help of votes from the Miya community (Bengali speaking muslims from Bangladesh origin).
“I don’t want to become an MLA with their votes. We did not say anything against indigenous Assamese or Muslims who believe in Assamese culture. I do not want the votes of the people who challenge the Assamese culture or who challenge ethos of our identity,” Dr. Sarma told reporters in Guwahati.
The minister also said that though BJP will give tickets to Muslim candidates, the party will not give tickets to those who claim themselves as Mia Muslims in the context of Assam. “Miya is a very respectful word in reference to out of Assam. But the word ‘Miya’ in Assam is used to challenge our language and culture, which is a small part of the Muslim community from Assam. We will not give them tickets in the upcoming election. We are requesting them by folding our hands not to vote for us,” he added.
- Assam DHS Exam Date 2022 Postponed – Here is the details
- Assam Matric Result 2022 – Best way to Check SEBA HSLC Result 2022 Online
- [HUNK324703]Slice Referral code June 2022 | Slice Invite Code to earn Rs 300
- Assam Health Department Recruitment 2022- DHS Recruitment 2022 Details
- Meesho Referral Code May 2022 [EOLFQIF71186] | How to use referral code in Meesho