On Wednesday, An important decision was taken by the Assam state cabinet. The state government will pay Rs 50,000 to about 1 lakhs women self-help groups in Assam. This amount will be offered under the Women’s Empowerment Scheme. “Earlier women were offered Rs 25,000 under this scheme. But from now the amount has been increased to Rs 50,000 “- Says Minister Chandramohan Patwari.
In addition, some important decisions were taken in the Assam Govt Cabinet Meeting. These are as follows-
- The decision to set up a Bodo-Kachari Self Development Council for the development of elders with the exclusion of Allkakas under the Sixth Schedule.
- The responsibility of the selection of government appointments will not be given to any private organization from now on. Through universities or government departments must take charge of the examination.
- Sub-Inspector, The examination for the rural development department will now be conducted by the university.
- In the APSC exam, the Assamese language is not mandatory for Barak Valleys’ candidates. Bengali Assamese can be given in big language.
- The Assamese language is mandatory on all signboards in BTAD.
- The BTC election is to be held in December.
- The salary of Gaonburah is to be increased from 6,500 to 9,000.
- 428 no of Tea garden’s students will be given free breakfast, lunch, and garments.