Today, The cabinet meeting of Assam is held at the Brahmaputra State Guest House. The ministers present at the meeting are Himanta Biswa Sharma, Chandramohan Patwari, Jugen Mohan, Ranjit Dutta, Naba Kumar Doley, Piyush Hazarika, Atul Bora, Keshab Mahanta, and all the ministers of the state except the Ministers from the BPF Party.
The following Important decisions are taken at the Cabinet Meeting
- The holiday list of 2021 is approved in the cabinet meeting. There will be 34 days of general holidays and restricted holidays will be of 31 days.
- Assistance up to Rs. 5 lakh will be provided if the property and land are damaged in the flood. 1.5 lakh if houses are damaged, Rs 1 lakh will be available if the land is damaged.
- The decision to form PMU to see ongoing schemes in tea gardens.
- The nomenclature of ‘MIRI’ is changed to ‘MISHING’.
- The new act is proposed for managing micro-financial institutions according to RBI guidelines.
- Special laws will be brought to close down the Madrasas and Sanskrit tols in the upcoming assembly.